Welcome to the Mountain Ridge Cross Country page.“To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”– Steve PrefontaineCross Country Practice Starts Monday, August 10th!If you are planning on being a part of the Mountain Ridge Cross Country team you must have your athletic packet completed and handed into Mrs. Deluca by Friday, August 7th, 2015 before 1pm! If you are unable to do please contact Coach Stein (email@example.com) ASAP. You will not be allowed to practice until you are cleared.Basic Information
· Practice is mandatory. Practice is every morning Monday-Saturday starting at 5:15am and every Monday and Wednesday afternoon from 2:30 to 4:00pm.
· Meets/Invites: All athletes will have the opportunity to race in ALL meets and invitational except Woodbridge, District, Sectional and State.
· Coaches: The coaching staff is here to make you a better runner and athlete. Open communication about your training and fitness is required. If you have any question please email Coach Stein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a distance runner at Mountain Ridge we will…
· aim for consistency in your training, lifestyle and academic.
· own our training. We will celebrate our successes, analyze the stumbles and initiate a plan to achieve success.
· respect the sport of distance running, our teammates, competitors, coaches and family.
· embrace the big meets and get excited about opportunities to run fast.
· work on being coachable.