DVMS Parent Liaison Mission: Be a bridge and voice to help parents navigate through the education system.
Vision: Parents are connected to the educational community.
Purpose: Parent involvement is an essential component for student success.
Research supports the connection between student achievement and parent involvement. Well recognized are the challenges many parents face when trying to find ways to understand how to help their students be successful at school. Students are away from their parents for more than six hours a day, and during these times parents are not infused in the learning process. The difficulties families face on a daily basis can often be an obstacle for involvement in academic and extra-curricular school activities. The objective for DVMS is to create a bridge that will connect the parents to the educational community.
The Parent Liaison:
- Encourages parent involvement in the school.
- Fosters higher academic achievement through assisting teachers and certified staff in interpreting the role of the school system and related education programs to a parents.
- Facilitates parent-school communication.
- Facilitates community agency referrals.
- Provides families with information about Deer Valley Middle School.
- Plans and organizes activities to facilitate communication such as small meetings, conferences, and workshops
Parent Liaison Contact information:
Upcoming Events :
Promotion Night May 23, 2016 at Barry Goldwater 6:30 pm
First Day August 7, 2017
Watch for updates of more upcoming events!