Welcome to 2nd Grade
We are excited that your child will be joining us this year. We look forward to working together with you to make 2nd grade a wonderful experience for your child even in the midst of all that is going on. We know that you are overwhelmed and we are working hard to make this as smooth and simple for you and your child. Please know that things will be changing as we learn what works best for our students and we appreciate your flexiblity!
Our philosophy for a successful Return to Learning On Campus Virtaully focuses on student connection, establishing routines for learning and helping create a smooth and simple transition so that every student can achieve learning success and maintain social and emotional well-being.
As a team we are working together to help you help your child!
Things to know...
- Canvas will be the learing management system that all students will be using.
- You can log into Canvas before Monday, but courses will not appear until the first day of school.
- Over the course of the first two weeks we will be gradually releasing responsibility and introducing the elements of Canvas to students. We will focus on building stamina and increasing their ability to work independently. Week 3 will look very different than Week 1.
- ZOOM links will be posted only through Canvas. Your child will have to access them through Canvas for security purposes.
- Supply lists have been updated and show suggested items for use during Virutal Learning as well as when we return to campus.
- Remember, we are all in this together and we are here to help you along the way.