Art with Mrs. Beaubien
If you are registering for a Drawing I course, you must contact the high school instructor to set up an interview time. For your interview, have either a digital or physical portfolio.
Your portfolio should include:
- 10-15 pieces that display various subject matter, techniques, and skills
- Included within the 10-15 pieces:
- Have two of your "not so great" pieces with artist statements to show reflection
- Feel free to include sketches of some of your work to show pre-planning
- If there is a piece completed in school that I have that you would like to include, please stop by to take a picture of it. The reflective pieces would be a great addition to your portfolio.
- Although it is not necessary, high school instructors also like a letter of recommendation from your current art teacher. Please read below to see which case applies to you.
- My current 8th graders, please email me with the name of your high school if you would like a letter of recommendation. I will email it directly to the instructor.
- If I had you last year, but do not have you this year, please email me with the name of the high school you will be attending, AS WELL AS, two pieces of work to refresh my memory.
- If I have not had you, a letter of recommendation is not necessary.
If you would like me to look through your portfolio or help you choose pieces, please feel free to see me for an AP pass.
We're on Twitter!!! @Beaubien_ArtFollow the art work students are creating, what's new in the art room, Mrs. Beaubien's professional developments, and more!
We're on Instagram!!! Bow.Bee.InFollow the art work students are creating, what's new in the art room, Mrs. Beaubien's professional developments, and more!
This Week in Pictures
NO FOOD OR DRINK (other than water) will be allowed in Mrs. Beaubien's room due to various food allergies. An incident will be treated as a "Major" under "endangerment".
Is there a Hillcrest teacher you would like to recognize?Staff and teachers work hard to make Hillcrest a great place for our students to attend and there are many ways to say "Thank you" and honor their efforts. All from a smile and wave in the mornings to local and even national recognition. Below, I have provided a few links for you if you would like to nominate a Hillcrest staff or teacher. I encourage you to also look on the world wide web for other programs as there are tons out there and some specific to subject area.Hillcrest Staff and Teacher recognition program. Did someone make your day? Make theirs with a little pat on the back. Hillcrest Falcon Stars are shared with the rest of the staff and administration.
azfamily by Channel 3: Silver Apple Awards"For 25 years, 3TV has been honoring deserving teachers across Arizona for their dedication in the classroom and commitment to excellence."
Arizona Art Education AssociationThis award is specific to art education. The Arizona Art Education Association is "a vibrant and creative community that inspires, supports, and advocates for innovative learning in the visual arts." AAEA is an amazing resource and community for art teachers around Arizona. Many of our district art teachers are members, so go ahead, nominate a past or present art teacher of your choice.