Ms. Christine Halal
7th Grade Science
Welcome to 7th grade Science! (Team 7-2) My name is Ms.Halal this is my 5th year in the district and at Hillcrest. It is my 10th year teaching 7th grade Science and I am very excited to continue working as part of the Hillcrest team. In addition to current hands-on lab practices, this year students will be challenged to work with chromebooks frequently to complete classwork and take quizzes. The links below will take you to Canvas for all assignments and Explore Learning for GIZMOS.
PDF file link - click here
Word file - click here
English Language Learner Standards: Speaking and Listening
Strand 1: LI -6
- following multi-step instructions/ directions, procedures and processes which contain specific academic content vocabulary
Strand 1: LI -8
- responding to questions and statements in an academic discussion by using key vocabulary in complete sentences.
Strand 1: B-9
- determining main ideas and supporting details from content area presentations
Strand 2: B-6
- making predictions about academic content using complete sentences.
Lesson plans & Assignments -
All assignments and lessons are found on CANVAS. They are grouped by date and topic weekly. The most recent week is at the top of the CANVAS screen. Assignments are available for 2 weeks. Any paper assignments are available in class at the front of the room and are to be turned into the "TURN IT IN" bin on the due date.
Materials needed -
- a composition notebook or binder with a section of loose leaf paper for science notes
- a pencil
- scotch tape
Any other supplies are welcome but not required.