Mrs. Fewell's 4th GradeWelcome to 4th Grade at Anthem Elementary
Weekly Updates: Week of January 13 - January 17th
- Friday, January 17 - STEM Day
- Friday, January 17 - Early Release at 2:00
- Monday, January 20 - No School
- Wednesday, January 29 - STEAM NIGHT - 5:30pm - 7:30pm
- Students will need a set of personal earbuds for Google Classroom, Dreambox, and Tynker this year. Please place them in a baggie with your student’s name.
- STEAM Night Projects - This year, we will be doing popsicle stick bridges for our STEAM Night projects. This paper went home with your child:
How can you use 200 Popsicle sticks to hold 30 dictionaries? Your job is to design an experiment to test the question: Which bridge designs can hold the heaviest loads? You will build the bridge at home and turn them in by Monday, January 27th and we will test them out at Steam Night, Wednesday, January 29th. Your materials are 200 small Popsicle sticks and white glue (no wood glue or hot glue). You don’t have to use all the Popsicle sticks but you can’t use more. You may not paint your bridge though you may use colored popsicle sticks. Your bridge must be at least 10 inches long. Tip: Your bridge will have to hold the dictionaries on top of the bridge.
- After we finish up with first and secondhand sources, we will begin a unit of study that includes the novel The Hope Chest. If possible, please send a personal copy of the book with your child’s name written in it by Tuesday, January 21st.
Welcome to 4th Grade!I am so excited to start our year and to be your child's teacher. Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
623 - 376 - 3751
Front Office 623 - 376 - 3700
Attendance Line 623 - 376 - 3790Class Schedule8:45 - 10:45 ELA10:45 - 11:00 Recess11:00 - 11:45 Specials11:45 - 12:15 Lunch12:15 - 1:30 Core 11:30 - 2:30 Core 22:30 - 2:45 Recess2:30 - 3:30 WINSpecials ScheduleMonday - ArtTuesday - MusicWednesday - PEThursday - PEFriday - Art