DVUSD PE LEADERSHIP
High School Department Chairs
Grade K-8 Team Leads
- Grades K-6 - Cathy Dudzinski - Highland Lakes
- Grades K-8 - Liz Clarkson - Norterra Canyon
- Grades 7-8 - Ken Bloomfield - Terramar
- Grades 9-12 - Kelly Saufley - Mountain Ridge
The Deer Valley School District makes a commitment to align with National and State Standards for Physical Education by creating curriculum and activities designed to instill within students a desire to be active for life. The focus of the Physical Education Program is to offer activities in a safe environment which meets the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and ethical potential for all students.
A Quality Physical Education Program:
- is an integral part of the total educational program.
- meets the needs of all students.
- is developmentally appropriate-both in age and individually.
- includes movement, fitness and concepts.
- teaches our students the how and why of fitness.
- provides the skills necessary for participation in lifelong activity.
- believes that a qualified, certified teacher plays a vital role in the success of the physical education program.