WELCOME BACK FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR! Virtual Calming Room
WHAT DO SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS DO?
- Assistance when a crisis occurs at school/home
- Conflict resolution
- Help with decision making about life issues such as avoiding the use of alcohol and other drugs
- Help if someone is in an abusive situation or violent relationship
- Individual/group counseling to help students solve problems
- Help with friend and family relationships, loss, or mental health problems
- Support groups on a variety of topics
- Assistance with attendance issues
- Assistance finding community services
- Assistance to parents on school and teen issues, etc
- and so much more!
At this time, the Vista Peak clothing bank is NOT ACCEPTING ANY NEW DONATIONS.
FREE masks for students! Click here for more information and to order.
Click Here for the most recent information from DVUSD regarding COVID-19.
Resource Guide for community resources.
Click Here for family resources on Social Emotional learning support
Coping Strategies This link provides examples of 100 coping strategies that are easy to use
Additional COVID-19 Resources
Click Here for Top Parenting Tips for dealing with uncertain times
AZ Department of Health is offering free masks for those 65 and older or part of a vulnerable population. Click Here to see if you qualify and sign up
National Autism Association (provides information to support students with autism)
Arizona Department of Health (get the lastest about Arizona's response)
Deer Valley Family Resource Center click here
BOYS TOWN PARENT RESOURCES
Calm Down Plan By following the steps of the self-calming plan, you can prepare yourself to effectively respond to your upset child & teach appropriate behavior using a reward consequence system.
Don't see what you're looking for? Please email me with any questions, concerns, requests for more information, etc.CONTACT INFORMATIONJessica Fisher, MSSA, LCSW623email@example.com