WELCOME BACK FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR! Virtual Calming Room
WHAT DO SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKERS DO?
- Assistance when a crisis occurs at school/home
- Conflict resolution
- Help with decision making about life issues such as avoiding the use of alcohol and other drugs
- Help if someone is in an abusive situation or violent relationship
- Individual/group counseling to help students solve problems
- Help with friend and family relationships, loss, or mental health problems
- Support groups on a variety of topics
- Assistance with attendance issues
- Assistance finding community services
- Assistance to parents on school and teen issues, etc
- and so much more!
Social emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions (Casel.org). More information on SEL competencies is here . Vista Peak uses the Boys Town Model to support SEL in addition to our behavioral health team supporting students, including myself.
Boys Town Common Sense Parenting Workshop will be offered this Fall: Boys Town CSP Parent Support
BOYS TOWN PARENT RESOURCES
Calm Down Plan By following the steps of the self-calming plan, you can prepare yourself to effectively respond to your upset child & teach appropriate behavior using a reward consequence system.
Don't see what you're looking for? Please email me with any questions, concerns, requests for more information, etc.CONTACT INFORMATIONJessica Fisher, MSSA, LCSW623firstname.lastname@example.org