Volunteering in Deer Valley School District
Volunteerism is encouraged and supported in Deer Valley. The coordinated efforts of educators, parents and community members are key to ensuring student success. We are grateful to the thousands of volunteers who work in classrooms, on playgrounds and in school offices daily.
The major goal of our volunteer program is to assist schools in providing the best possible education for each student. Volunteers are needed to accomplish the following objectives:
- Provide teachers with more time to work with students
- Enrich the curriculum and learning opportunities for students
- Provide individual attention to those children needing additional assistance
- Promote a school-home-community partnership for quality education.
What You Can Do
These are just a few of the many ways you can help students and teachers in our schools.
· Classroom Reading, tutoring, etc.
· Volunteer Coaches – Sports
· Mentors for students
· Clerical Assistance
· Special Projects & Events
· Health Office
Volunteering will help you to…
· Make a difference
· Learn new things and teach others
· Serve as a role model
· Meet new people
· Have fun!
Anyone Can Volunteer
Everyone who cares about children and education is a potential volunteer. Prior teaching experience is not necessary. Anyone who has completed the necessary application, screening, interview, and training satisfactorily can volunteer. Possible volunteers include:
· Extended Family Members
· Senior Citizens
· Community Members
· Corporate partners/employees
It is our expectation that all volunteers attend a one-time Basic Volunteer Training. Training lasts approximately one hour and registration is not required. All training sessions are open to everyone and are listed on the website dvusd.org. Please choose the one that is the most convenient for you.
For more information contact: Village Meadows Front Desk (602) 467-6300