What are the goals of a WATCH D.O.G.S. program?
To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who are Watch D.O.G.S?
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer at their child’s / student’s school.
How does WATCH D.O.G.S. work?
Watch D.O.G.S. perform a variety of tasks during their volunteer day or half-day including helping in your child’s classroom(s) with a teacher’s guidance by working with small groups of students on projects, homework, flashcards, or spelling, assisting with unloading and loading of buses and cars, monitoring the lunch room and interacting with kids during recess.
Steps to Becoming a Terramar Watch D.O.G.S.
- Complete the Deer Valley Volunteer Training
- Please schedule your date at least 3 school days in advance. This will give the scheduler a chance to contact teachers and set up your schedule.
- Sign-up for the date(s) that you want to be a Watch D.O.G.S. using following link:
- Purchase your official Watch D.O.G.S. uniform tee-shirt
- On your confirmed day – register at the front office and receive your schedule for the day
- Have fun making a positive impact on the Terramar Community