Volunteer at Paseo HillsWe are looking for all community members to come and share their time and knowledge with our Paseo Hills community. Anyone who volunteers at our school must attend a one-time volunteer training.If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
Volunteer Training Dates
2022 - 2023 School YearThere will be three in-person Volunteer Training Meetings on the Paseo Hills campus. The dates for these training opportunities are:
Please reference the DVUSD website for specific training dates and locations at other school sites.
- 9/14/2022 at 8:00 AM in Media Center
- 1/11/2023 at 8:00 AM in Media Center
- 2/22/2023 at 8:00 AM in Media Center
Some amazing ways to help out our school:
45 Tasks for Parent Volunteers in the Classroom
- Make photocopies of assignments, handouts, worksheets, etc.
- Sort and file workbook and other pages.
- Set up art, science, and other projects.
- Make booklets or journals on binding machine.
- Fold and staple booklets.
- Cover books.
- Make playdough (can also be done at home).
- Design or simply put up/take down bulletin boards.
- Hang artwork in the hallway.
- Cut out laminations.
- Sort and stock construction paper.
- Sort and stock writing paper.
- Stock paper at easel.
- Sharpen pencils.
- Cap markers and make sure none are dry.
- Throw out old crayons and replace.
- Clean tables, desks, and work surfaces.
- Clean and fill glue bottles.
- Clean paintbrushes and make sure paint is stocked.
- Organize stamps and throw away any dry stamp pads.
- Return books to school library.
- Conduct research for upcoming lessons.
- Clean up after class pets.
- Water plants.
- Stuff and address envelopes for class mailings.
- Make sure students folders/school backpacks have everything necessary
- Read to children.
- Listen to children read.
- Go over word lists with children.
- Practice skills with flashcards.
- Walk around classroom as children work quietly.
- Work on particular skills (e.g., counting money, math) with student or small group of students.
- Tell or read stories related to lessons.
- Help students who need remedial work.
- Help students catch up on missed work.
- Provide editing help with writing assignments.
- Play board games with small groups of children.
- Chaperone field trips.
- Give presentations to class (e.g., safety lessons from police officer, dental care lessons from dentist).
- Help fill out book orders (can also be less interactive depending on system).
- Assist in planning parties or other special classroom days.
- Scan and/or save student work on the computer.
- Take and/or organize class photographs.
- Maintain a classroom website.
- Help write and/or edit class newsletter.
ParentEngagementResourceCenterHours for 2021 - 2022: By appointment