4th Grade News
When a student is absent due to being quarentined...
- You can still attend class!
- Check out the schedule on the "Student Info" page, on the left.
- To join classes, simply go to the course in Canvas and join the Zoom.
- You can see what the assignments are for the day.. check out the "Today's Homework" page on the left.
This Week in Language Arts
This week, students will finishing the informational writing module and reflecting on their writing. They will begin opinion writing.
In ELA Reading students will be concluding their study of informational texts. They will be completing a short essay with evidence about one of the five senses and taking an end of module assessment. They will begin a study on opinion writing, focusing this week on point of view and key details.
Essential Question: How do people and animals use their senses to navigate?
What does it take to meet a challenge?
Updated for Week of September 28
This Week in Social Studies
❓ Weekly Essential Question(s)
- How did explorers use navigation tools to help them travel and discover new lands?
- What were the successes and challenges of explorers traveling to west?
- What were the successes and challenges of the Natives in the "new" lands?
Updated for the week of October 19
This Week in Science
❓ Weekly Essential Question(s)When you turn on the faucet, where do you think the water comes from?What is groundwater?
In this Mystery, students construct an explanation about a surprising phenomenon: the existence of underground water. In the activity, Wanted: A Well, students play a game in which they must obtain and combine information about groundwater in order to select the best site to build a town. They evaluate the features of the landscape, plants in the area, and clues from the soil and then decide where to dig a well.
This weeks graded assignment: Tuesday's Make an Aquifer Model
Updated for the week of Oct. 26.
This Week in Math
- Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
- Weekly Essential Questions:
How can multiples be used to solve problems?
How do you find the prime factors and multiples of a number?
- Our objectives of the week are to find factor pairs for numbers to 100 and define prime and composite numbers. We will also understand that a whole number is a multiple of each of its factors. There will be some word problem solving related to these two topics.
- The projected lessons of the week are 23, 24 and 26.
- Monday the we will take the MI ( MATH INVENTORY TEST)
- Tuesday there will be the Topic E quiz covering lessons 14-21- division
- Thursday there will be an opportunity for a vocabulary retake. Keep studying the key words. Please review the study guide. (there is a copy on the math help pages if you misplaced yours)
- Multiplication Practice- please review for 10 minutes nightly
- Updated-Week of October 26th
Office hours are 8:00AM - 4:00PM, please email outside those times.Google Voice numbers are for duing Virtual Learning and accept text messages.Mr. CohonScience and RTIClassroom Phone: 623-445-7658Google Voice: 480-744-7390Email: email@example.comMrs. KozubalMathClassroom Phone: 623-445-7657Google Voice Phone: 317-953-3536Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. MiyagawaReading, Writing, & Social StudiesPhone: 623-445-7660Google Voice: 602-888-1207Email: email@example.comMrs. RhoadesReading, Writing, & Social StudiesClassroom Phone: 623-445-7659Google Voice: 623-688-0064Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We the Students of Terramar’s 4th Grade, in Order to form a more proper Classroom Environment to establish Hard Workers, promote Self Confidence and Good Behaviors and secure Respect to everyone at school, do ordain and establish this Mission Statement for the 4th Grade Classes of Terramar Academy of the Arts.
There are no upcoming events to display.