ELA(English Language Arts), Science, Social Studies
July 31, 2020
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to 6th Grade at Village Meadows. This school year is an exciting one where school may look different, but we still have the extraordinary learning that aligns with our school, families, and district mission and values. We are Viking Strong and that in itself will allow us to sail through a successful school year.
We will begin this school year Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:45. You will need to log into Canvas to your homeroom where there will be a zoom icon/picture to click on to enter the classroom. This is where you will enter Monday – Friday – Your Homeroom Course Zoom.
I will be putting out information, news, and happenings, to this homepage every week or more.
It takes a Village and we in the Village Meadows Community are here for each other; take care of yourself, look forward to your daily learning and growing. Each and every one of you are extraordinary!
**Curriculum Night - Thank you to all the families that attended Virtual Curriculum Night. If you could not make Curriculum Night or if you want to review what was presented please click on the Curriculum Night Link in blue, then you will be able to review the Presentation. If you have any questions please reach out to myself or Mr. Marino. Thank you!**
News and Happenings:
- Week 6 - September 7 - 11
- No School - Monday, September 7th - Labor Day
- School Board Meeting - Tuesday - 9/8 at 7:00 pm - Go to DVUSD Website - Governing Board to watch it Livestream.
- WOW - Wednesday begins this Wednesday, September 9th during Lunch/Recess time - Join Mrs. Karls Zoom during your lunch time - This is for all 6th grade students.
- Mid-Progress Reports will be mailed via US Postal Service. Mid-progress reports are a mid-point of how students are doing mid way through the quarter. Students need to complete assignments, lessons, and turn in, Submit their completed work. 1st Quarter ends October 9th.
- Friday is Patriot's Day. 9/11
- Having trouble with your chromebook or need some tech advice? You can message me or call the school office. We are here to help.
- Check websites and emails(Parents/Families) often for updates and information.
- Schedules are posted on website. More specific schedule posted to HOMEROOM and will be emailed to students beginning of this week as we get all begin interventions and/or small group. Please be patient and flexible.
- Remember to be ON TIME - ON LINE by 8:45! Be a Responsible Viking and be in school ON LINE- ON TIME!!
- NO EARLY Release this Friday - Due to Monday's Holiday - Friday is a full day of school.
- STUDENTS - NEED to be in attendance daily either virtually or doing their assignments. STUDENTS must SUBMIT assignments to have them counted. Please reach out if you have any questions or need any support.
- CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS WEEK's VIKING WINNERS - Dreyonna Lemon, Robert Adams, Malaya Ellis