6th Grade Spring Conferences
Feb. 8th (ZOOM conferences)
Feb. 16th (ZOOM conferences)
Feb. 17th In person, room 204
*see details below
3rd Quarter Ends March 10th
Donations: We are running low on the following items, any donations are greatly appreciated!
White board markers
State Testing Update:
The AASA state standardized testing window is April 4 - 28.
Spring 2023 Parent-Teacher Conferences
Conferences will be the week of February 13th as well as one day the week of Feb. 6th. Spring conferences will be held open-house style for both in-person and ZOOM. If you prefer a conference time on a different date, please email your child’s homeroom teacher to schedule a conference that is convenient for your schedule. We are happy to meet at any time to discuss your child’s progress in 6th grade.
Wednesday, Feb 8th Zoom Conference 3:45-5:00 We have a virtual waiting room and will admit attendees one at a time.
Wednesday Feb. 15th Zoom conference 3:45 - 6:00 We have a virtual waiting room and will admit attendees one at a time.
Join Zoom Meeting with the link below:
https://dvusd-org.zoom.us/j/5554699351 Meeting ID: 555 469 9351
Thursday, Feb. 16 Open house in-person conferences 1:45 to 4:00, and 5:30 to 7:00. ~Room 204
Thank you for sharing your child with us and allowing us to be part of your journey!
The 6th grade team
School starts Aug. 3rd at 8:45 AM
*6th Grade enters through the south gate near the bike rack. Students may be on the south playground beginning at 8:30 AM. The first bell is at 8:40 AM. The late bell is at 8:45 AM. On the first day of school, the teachers will meet the students on the south playground. After the first day, students will go directly to specials for attendance and their first class.
If you are looking to access course readings, power points, documents, and assignment submission, remember to log in to Canvas! If you have any problems - just let me know!
If you have questions about Canvas, check out the Canvas Guides (you can search for your question)
Interested in being an observer of your child's account use this link, parent resources , to set-up your own account. This is a great way to track progess and view assignment feedback.
Hi everyone,If you plan on volunteering this year, I need a few things from you. 6th grade does NOT currently have any overnight field trips planned, but we will be scheduling a one 'day' field trip this November. More information will be coming home in a few weeks. We wanted to provide you with volunteer information early if you need to attend a volunteer training session. Please read the details below.
- ALL parents who have ALREADY completed volunteer training, need to fill out paperwork on an ANNUAL basis. No exceptions. All paperwork is digitized this year, so parents need to scan the QR code in order to access the forms. The QR code is pictured below as well as attached to the email.
- This is only for people who are already trained.
If you are planning on attending a field trip this year:
- Parents who need to be trained:
- Trainings for the year across all campuses can be found here: https://www.dvusd.org/cms/lib/AZ01901092/Centricity/Domain/5182/Monthly-Calendar-62e991a26c186.pdf
- Trainings only need to be taken once in a person's lifetime and can be done at any DVUSD campus, even if they do not have children attending that school.
- Trainings are supposed to be for adults. Encourage parents to find childcare for their littles while they attend training.
Things to know:
- All chaperones must be volunteer trained AND need to have completed their online paperwork
- Overnight chaperones need to have a valid fingerprint clearance card and a copy of driver's license on file (6th grade has NO overnight trips planned at this time)
Most questions can be answered by looking here first.Thank you!!The 6th Grade Team
- A volunteer is someone who regularly donates their time.
- One-time events like class parties and Bearathon do not require training (this will probably change next year, so I encourage all to take the training.
Mrs. Schuch /Math
Mr. Marano/ SS/Science