Career and Technical EducationThe CTE programs of study currently offered on the Mountain Ridge campus include:
Biomedical Sciences: https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29822
Early Childhood Education: https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29814
Education and Training: https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=30034
Film and TV Broadcasting: https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29812
Graphic Communications: https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29809
Information Technology: Web Development (Dual Enrollment offered with Rio Salado): https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29810
Marketing, Management and Entrepreneurship (Dual Enrollment offered with Rio Salado): https://www.dvusd.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=29771
CTE Internships: Learning is not limited to the classroom. Internship opportunities are a supervised work-based learning experience in a paid or unpaid position within the CTE program of study. The CTE internship provides on the job experience and valuable industry networking. Students must complete the Online Application for DVUSD Career and Technical Education Programs.
What are the benefits of CTE?
- We are preparing our students today for jobs that don’t even exist yet! The global economy places a premium on skills acquisition and innovation. Students can cultivate and grow their knowledge and skills through further education.
- CTE programs prepare students to be successful by providing adaptable skills and knowledge, thereby ensuring flexibility to transition careers as interests change, opportunities emerge and the economy transforms.
- CTE programs provide students the rigor and relevance needed to succeed in today’s global economy. Students are presented with opportunities to develop specialized skills while in high school and apply their academic knowledge in real world settings. Regardless of Post-secondary plans, CTE provides all students with cutting edge training and opportunities in their chosen program of study.
The DVUSD has provided our students with a wealth of opportunities you can obtain more detailed information about our CTE Programs and opportunities for your students from our district CTE page: https://www.dvusd.org/Page/175
For more great facts about CTE see what ACTE has to say follow this link: http://ctepolicywatch.typepad.com/blog/2015/07/data-driven-cte-students-pursue-postsecondary-education.html
Mountain Ridge also offers students a variety of career and technical student organizations, which are organizations (CTSO) that reinforce CTE instruction through co-curricular activities that prepare young people to, become productive citizens and leaders.
• DECA: DECA, a national association of marketing education students, provides teachers and members with educational and leadership development activities to merge with the education classroom instructional program.
• Future Business Leaders of America—Phi Beta Lambda: FBLA-PBL is a dynamic organization of young people preparing for success as leaders in our businesses, government, and communities. This site was created to help current and prospective FBLA-PBL members find information about the association, its programs and services, and its members.
• Future Educators Association: The Future Educators Association (FEA), sponsored by PDK International, is a student organization that provides students interested in education-related careers with activities and materials that help them explore the teaching profession in a variety of ways. FEA helps students develop the skills and strong leadership traits that are found in high-quality educators and significantly contributes to the development of the next generation of great educators.
• SkillsUSA: SkillsUSA is a national organization serving high school and college students and professional members who are enrolled in technical, skilled and service occupations, including health occupations.