Canyon Springs NJHS
We have important news about the Veterans Parade this Saturday morning and some volunteer opportunities happening at the school we could use some help with.
- Veterans Day Parade: Saturday, November 3rd: Please arrive at 9:20 am at the Cross of Christ parking lot. Permission slips were handed out at last week’s meeting but can be picked up in room 507/Beeman or 508/Hansen.
- Water is limited in staging areas and along the parade route. All participants are encouraged to bring their own and have it available during the parade.
- Parking is VERY limited in both staging parking lots. Please plan to be dropped off if at all possible or carpool.
- Overall Course Information:
- “Start The parade will begin promptly at 10:00 on November 3, 2018 starting on Gavilan Peak Parkway at its intersection with Memorial Drive. The 1.2 mile course will travel north on Gavilan Peak Parkway from Memorial Drive, East on Anthem Way, and South on N. Freedom Way to the entrance of the Anthem Community Center.
- Finish The parade route finishes at the entrance to the Anthem Community Center. Entrants may turn into the Anthem Community Center parking lot OR continue south to exit the area. Keep in mind that road closures will still be in effect.” As we are 34th in line, we are advising students to call their rides upon completion which will likely be earlier than the time given; 12:00.
- This FRIDAY, November 2nd from 3:00-4:30 pm Members have the opportunity to help decorate the parade float at Canyon Springs STEM Academy, on the southside of the building-facing towards Walmart. Sign Up Here
- Students are encouraged to create posters prior to the day of the parade with photos of loved ones who are/were Veterans.
Monday, November 5th; 3:00-4:00; Come and earn volunteer time! Rooms 507/508 will be open for students to come and make “Thank You” cards for our STEM presenters who will be visiting our school on Wednesday, November 7th.
STEM Career Day, Wednesday, November 7th 8:15-10:15; NJHS Members are encouraged to help show our presenters to their grade level classroom. If you are interested you will need to arrive at the Library at 8:10 am and have an ‘Excused” slip signed by your first hour teacher giving you permission to come and help for the first 15-20 minutes of the day. Come pick up a slip in either room 507 or 508. Sign Up HERE
Looking for others opportunities around our community! Visit our website
REMINDER: We will be having a NJHS meeting on Wednesday, November 7th from 3:00-4:00 pm in the CS Library. Natalie of Nothing But Love Notes will be joining us sharing her organization, giving you an opportunity for community service hours.
Welcome to Canyon Springs Chapter of National Junior Honor Society. If you have any questions, please visit the pages in this website for information about our events, meetings, service opportunities and more.
If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Beeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mrs. Hansen at email@example.com
We look forward to a fantastic year with your child!
Mrs. Beeman and Mrs. Hansen