Read Across America
Monday, 2/27 Sleep Book Pajama Day *NO stuffed animals
* Start your Read Across America book log for the week. Turn book log in by Monday, March 6th to Reading Specialists.
Tuesday, 2/28 One Fish, Two Fish… Grade level color day
* Show your grade level spirit and dress in your grades color today from head to toe!
6th Grade - Blue 3rd Grade - Yellow Kindergarten - Pink 5th Grade - Orange 2nd Grade - Red Pre-K - Purple 4th Grade - Black 1st Grade - Green NON-grade level staff - WhiteWednesday, 3/1 Wacky Wednesday Wacky Hair Day* How wacky can your hair get? (BE CREATIVE)
Thursday, 3/2 Fox in Socks Crazy Sock Day
* Family Reading Night with Dr. Seuss (5:30 to 7:00 PM)
A Fun filled evening of reading games and activities for all ages.Plus, there will be some awesome raffle baskets prepared by our PTA(all proceeds go to the reading room for books).The evening will end with birthday cake, milk and songto celebrate the remarkable author Dr. Seuss!You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.
Friday, 3/3 The Cat in the Hat Hat Day
* To wear a hat ALL DAY; students can pay $1.00 to Mrs. Hainline or Mrs. Gibson
Proof of payment will be the sticker they receive to place on the bill of their hat.
Throughout the Week
- Read for 20 minutes each day this week! Maybe even turn off the TV during the week and choose to read more! Use the official Read Across America form to mark your reading!
- Purchase tickets in the front office for the Dr. Seuss Raffle baskets – 1 for $.50 or 3 for $1. Drawing will be March 10th!
- The Scholastic Book Fair is OPEN! Monday-Wednesday 8-5, Thursday 8-8 and Friday 8-1. Stop in check out the great selection of children's books!