English Language Arts
Mountain Ridge High School offers:
- English Language Arts 1-2
- English Language Arts 3-4
- English Language Arts 5-6
- English Language Arts 7-8
All courses are aligned with Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards (AZCCRS) and offer a variety of challenging and exciting assignments, projects and activities to prepare students for college and career readiness. To access Arizona's College and Career Ready Standards (AZCCRS), CLICK HERE.
In addition to the regular level classes, MRHS offers:
- Language Arts 1-2 and 3-4 Honors
- Advanced Placement Language & Composition
- Advanced Placement Literature & Composition
These courses offer a higher challenge for the advanced students.
We also offer dual enrollment in our partnership with Rio Salado College.
ENH 110 (Introduction to Literature) is an option for juniors.
ENG 101/102 (First Year Composition) is an option for seniors
Both courses offer college credit.
There are also several elective courses:
- Communications/Public Speaking
- Creative Writing
English Language Arts Department
LaDuca, Alexis – Department Chair
Moya, Heidi – Department Chair