My name is Ms. Bernard and I teach Media Production 1/2 and Business Operations 1/2 for Deer Valley Online Learning Program. I also teach the Media Productions courses at my school, Mountain Ridge High School. If you need more information, syllabus, links to zoom contact info or to message me, please log in to canvas to send me a message. If you need to contact me and you are not one of my students, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses start on Monday, August 3, 2020 and will end with finals on Dec. 15, 16, or 17.
Click here for other Important Dates.
Click here for Deer Valley Online Learning Program Announcements.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the online program.
Virtual Class Meeting Hours for Fall 2020: I will be available virtually on zoom on Fridays 10:40 until 11:10am for the 1st quarter (Ends Oct. 9th). I would love to know you are joining me so send me a message so I can make sure you get there! Please check your Canvas class for Zoom details so that you can make that contact.
Click here if you are looking for updates on DVUSD's Return to School Information
Click here to log in to your Canvas Account! See you online!
Welcome Message from Ms. Bernard - Media 1 and 2 Welcome video
Get started successfully:
- Go to the Deer Valley Online for important links, drop dates, final exam information and contact information: Deer Valley Online Learning Website
- Here is a great link for parents to create a parent account for Canvas to observe your student as they work in the course: Create a Canvas Parent Account
- Log in to your courses here: Deer Valley Online Learning Login
To be successful in this course students are expected to:
- Schedule blocks of time daily to complete assignments. Waiting until the last moment to complete weekly course work often results in poor performance.
- Learn how to effectively navigate the course and to address any problems or concerns with the instructor as soon as possible. Please use the Canvas student email system as the primary means of communication with the instructor.
- Check the announcements often for any current updates.
- Check their grades and review the feedback provided by their instructor.
- Participate in the discussion boards, messages, or any other means of communication politely and respectfully.
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical problems with the course, please message Ms. Bernard as soon as possible for assistance. If the problem is urgent, please contact the Deer Valley Online Learning office at 623.445.4926
Student Procedures and Conduct Guidelines: Student Handbook
Visit Deer Valley Online Learning Program (DVOLP) website for details on withdraw/drop dates, etc. DVOLP Website
Online Attendance: Students are expected to Log into MyHours Site to complete their attendance logs.Update as of 3/31/2020 - More information coming