Welcome to the Fall 2021 Semester!
Deer Valley Online Learning Program Fitness Center
Welcome to the Deer Valley Online Learning Program Fitness Center Course! Classes begin Soon ~ Fall session Monday August 2, 2021. (Please note there will not be access to the course until the start date).
My name is Mrs. Potts. I will be your instructor this semester. I am looking forward to an exciting session full of learning. Please click here to learn more about me! Please see my contact info. in About the Teacher. If you have any questions at all please contact me using email, but once classes begin please use the message system within Canvas.
Attached you will find the course syllabus and printable due date calendar which will help keep you organized this semester! This information can also be found within the course once the course begins!
During the semester you will engage in 4 learning modules, unit lessons and participation (workout) log/performance tasks. Fitness center does not require a text book or gym membership however, a membership could be helpful. All of the class content will be included in the learning modules.
Once classes begin there will be assignments due within the 1st couple of days so you will need get started as soon as possible! Canvas is our learning management system. You will love it!
Here are a few tips to help you succeed this semester:
- Start class on time and complete the DV online learning program online orientation prior to the start of class (will be available two weeks prior to the start of class) which you can enroll in and begin to familiarize yourself with Canvas and the functions. Once you complete the quiz please screenshot your page as it will be an assignment that will be due once the class begins.
- Complete and submit ALL assignments on time and by the due date.
- Complete and submit ALL participation logs/performance tasks (for Fitness classes) on time and by the due date.
- Print the course syllabus and assignment due date calendar!
- Have fun!
- Do Your Best!
Below are a few links that will help you the student this semester and that you can explore prior to beginning the class:
- DV online learning program Training Videos which includes the Welcome to DV online learning program and Canvas Orientation.
- Portal Login Once you login into the portal a direct link to Canvas will be available
- Here is the direct link to Canvas as well.
- Please review the DV online learning program Student Handbook.
Below are a few links that will help you the parent/s this semester:
- Once you are on the Canvas login page you will see a box which will allow you to create a parent account so that you can follow your student throughout the semester.
- Parent Orientation: Please click on the link and then select "Enroll in Course" to begin.
Here are a few important dates to remember:
- Classes Start Soon ~ Monday August 2nd, 2021
- Last Day to Drop ~
- Last Day to Withdraw ~
- DV Online Learning Virtual Meet the Teacher TBD. CLICK HERE to view the Meet the Teacher presentation if you missed it.
Virtual Class Meetings are TBD. I will be available outside of virtual class meetings by appointment via Zoom.
- Final Exams December 13 -15 and are TBD
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask!
I look forward to an Awesome semester!