Hello, and welcome to 7th grade ELA. Your child will be emersing themselves into a game designed classroom, through the platform of Classcraft.com. Each day your student will be challenged to recall information from prior years, produce work that demonstrates understanding of the objectives that are new, and apply those objectives to various projects we will be doing within our class.
Let's talk about what a day in ELA will look like:
- Enter the room and will grab their chromebook which they will be accessing numerous apps and websites to complete the task of the day.
- As a class we will then participate in what is called "Random Event". I do this as a replacement for bellwork to get the students engaged in what we are doing and also to have a little fun while also practicing being personable with the people around us.
- As the lesson starts I will have them answer a few questions to get us going to see where each of them are at in understanding the lesson. I will do this with either a quick think-pair-share method or a method I use called Teams.
- Within the lesson there will be multiple checks for understanding to make sure my students have gotten the concept.
- As the lesson ends, we will start our small groups, one small group will be working on the Quest assigned to them on this set of lessons and the other will be engaging with me to do some extra work making sure the concept of the day is solid and understood by all my students.
And that's it. A normal day in Mr. Miller's English class. Of course there are a lot more things we will do, but I will have to leave that up to you to find out from them.
I welcome any questions to my Email: Ian.email@example.com and will reply with in 24hrs. Thank you for taking the time to view my page have a good day!