My office hours are 830-330 Monday through Thursday. If you need to reach me please email. Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 623-445-7811
PLEASE NOTE THE ARIZONA HEALTH IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS DURING COVID-19 AND ALWAYS. I WILL ALSO BE SENDING THESE OUT IN A BLAST AS I HAVE MANY STUDENTS THAT NEED VACCINATIONS.
IMPORTANT HEALTH NOTES FROM THE NURSE
The control of communicable ("catching") disease during the school year is a difficult problem and a grave responsibility. The first responsibility must fall upon the home as parents know the normal appearance of their children and should be the first to detect signs of illness. The symptoms of a cold are also the symptoms of the communicable diseases.
The following rules will help control communicable diseases in the community. Please use the following list as a handy reference:
1. Do not send your child if he/she shows signs of illness.
2. Do not send a sick child to school for the nurse to decide whether he/she should be in school. If in doubt, call the family physician.
3. If your child is sick, keep other children away from him/her.
4. Some of the signs and symptoms of acute illness are:
- Restlessness at night
- Fever (oral temp 100.0 or more)
- Red-watering eyes
- Running nose
- Flushed face or paleness
- Sneezing and coughing
- Swelling neck or face
- Nausea or vomiting
If your child shows any of the above signs, he should be put in a room by himself. If there is any doubt, call the family physician
5. If your child has a temperature, KEEP HIM/HER HOME UNTIL TEMPERATURE HAS BEEN NORMAL ONE WHOLE DAY. Normal temperature is about 98.6 F. Take temperature at mid‑afternoon each day if you suspect it is above normal. Continue this process until temperature is normal a whole day, then the child can return to school if no other symptoms of illness are present.
6. Any child with an undiagnosed rash should remain out of school until all symptoms are gone or a physician verifies the child is not contagious and is well enough to return to school.
If every parent follows these procedures, it will save much suffering and the spread of contagious diseases, some of which may be life‑threatening.
Please do not hesitate to call your physician if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child.