• Through a focus on teamwork we foster a clear sense of purpose that is shared by all staff, parents and students.
• We encourage the involvement of volunteers and the community.
• We support and nurture a culture of shared leadership and collegiality.
We Prioritize Student Success
• We model the belief that all children are capable and work to build upon their individual strengths.
• We motivate and challenge all students to succeed.
• We create an environment where students are empowered, have ownership and a voice.
A Strong Instructional Program
• All staff share responsibility for student outcomes.
• Curriculum is tied to standards and is delivered in both traditional and innovative ways to motivate and accommodate the individual needs and interest of our students.
• Bellair students will excel and be recognized for their achievements.
We Are Learners
• Staff and students are engaged and excited about learning.
• We respect and support each other’s passions.
• We practice reflective thinking with a purposeful intent toward growth and improvement.
Diversity / Individuality is Valued
• We strive to create an inclusive environment.
• We welcome diversity and differences and view them as strengths.
• We respect one another as individuals and work with students, staff and families from a capacity perspective.
A Safe and Happy School Climate
• We create an environment that is welcoming, nurturing and safe where mind work and heart work occur concurrently.
• Life skills are modeled, taught and reinforced throughout the school; expectations are consistent.
• Relationships are built on good communication, trust and mutual respect among staff, students, parents and community members.
• We value a beautiful school environment where student art and work adorns the walls and a connection with our natural environment is evident.
We Enjoy Our Work
• We are cohesive, energetic and positive; we laugh and create a joyous environment.