Schedule:Period 3 - ELA 3-4 Honors GiftedPeriod 4 - ELA 1-2 Honors GiftedOffice Hours:You can find my weekly office hours posted in my classroom. Because I teach part time, it's generally best if you make an appointment! You can contact me via email or through the Remind app to do so.
Back to school shopping?
Your teachers will let you know what is recommended for each of your classes on the first day. Here's what you can expect from me :)
Recommended Individual Supplies:
- Pens with dark ink (Colorful pens are ok, as long as it shows up well on paper!)
- Pencils (sharpen before class gets started, and bring your own lead if you prefer mechanical)
- Highlighters (a few different colors)
- A separate single subject, college rule notebook for journaling with your name and class period on the front.
- Loose-leaf college rule paper.
- A flash drive (for use in other classes, too)
Items our classroom could use:
- Disinfecting wipes
- (Any) Color printing paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Books for our library
- Reward candy (nut free)
New! Gifted 9th Grade Summer Assignments:
Please only complete the work that corresponds with the course you are taking this fall. See you in August!
ELA 1-2 HG (different from non-gifted ELA 1-2 Honors):
ELA 3-4 HG (same as non-gifted ELA 3-4 Honors):
1. Summer Assignment for ELA 3-4 Honors Gifted
One way that I communicate with students and parents is through Remind, a free text messaging app. I’ll use Remind to send various announcements, including homework and deadline reminders. Enrolling is easy!
Text your code to 81010.
ELA 1-2 Honors Gifted
ELA 3-4 Honors Gifted
If you have trouble with 81010, try texting your class’s code to (360) 329-7815. You can also download the app on your smart phone.
Log in to Canvas to access course readings, power points, documents, and assignment submissions. You will find all course documents and our calendar on Canvas.If you have questions about Canvas, check out the Canvas Guides (you can search for your question) or see me for help.
The Mission Statement for Our English Language Arts Students:Our mission as Mountain Ridge High School English Language Arts students is to achieve higher level reading, writing, and critical thinking skills to be competitive and successful in the 21st century through collaboration and active learning.