Mission, Vision, Moral Purpose and Core Beliefs
Greenbrier will provide students with effective instruction using a standards-based curriculum which is articulated, viable, and relevant while encouraging students to become engaged in a safe learning environment while challenging them to excel academically.
At Greenbrier, we value knowledge, community, relationships, kindness, and inspiration for success.
Greenbrier Elementary School will provide a safe learning environment where every child has the opportunity to learn the academic, social, and character skills deemed necessary for success in the global community.
GREENBRIER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Core Beliefs Regarding Staff, Parents, and Student Interactions
Our Core Beliefs; Be Respectful, Be Responsible, Be Safe, and Be Your Best (The 4 B's), outline the professional actions and attitudes of all staff members at Greenbrier Elementary. Our belief is that all students will conduct themselves in a manner that exemplifies positive traits of character and ensures a safe and supportive environment that supports learning for all.
- We believe that every attempt should be made to maintain the dignity of both the adult and the student.
- We believe that students should be guided and expected to solve the problems they create without making problems for anyone else.
- We believe that students should be given the opportunity to make decisions and live with the results.
- We believe that misbehavior should be handled with natural consequences instead of punishments whenever possible.
- We believe that misbehavior should be viewed as an opportunity for individual problem solving and preparation for the real world as opposed to a personal attack on the school or staff.
- We believe that there should be a logical connection between misbehavior and resulting consequences.