Welcome to AP US History with Mr. Donovan!
AP US History is designed to:
- Prepare the student for the academic rigor they will encounter in a college level history course.
- Understand how relationships between individuals, countries, and institutions stay the same and change over the course of time.
- Explain the historical context (background) of certain events and developments.
- Assess the credibility of historical sources based on the historical context, intended audience, and point of view.
- Help students understand the causes and effects of historical events.
- Prepare students to make connections between the past and present.
- Develop a historically defensible claim/thesis using evidence from multiple sources.
- Teach students how to analyze and interpret primary sources, including journal entries, speeches, maps, political cartoons, etc.
- Prepare students to pass the AP US History Exam.
Interested in learning more about AP US History? Feel free to access my Canvas course using the link below.