Begin Your Student's Extraordinary Education Today!
The Road to Success starts in Deer Valley!
Welcome 2022-2023 Kindergarten Parents!
The Deer Valley Unified School District kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year is underway! Students need to be 5 years old by August 31, 2022.
If your child will be 5 years old between September 1 to December 31, 2022, you can have your child tested for early entry. Early Entry Testing will take place during the summer of 2022. You can sign up for Early Entry Testing beginning February 6, 2022.
This is a new and exciting time for you and your child. It will be a time of change and new beginnings – new surroundings, new friends, new skills, and new challenges. We promise to nurture and care for your child in a safe and secure environment. By working together, we will make it a happy and rewarding experience. Deer Valley Unified School District’s highly-qualified teachers provide regular and ongoing communication with parents about their child’s experiences and progress. We are thrilled to offer a free full-day kindergarten program at all of our schools. We know that when our youngest students are provided with the tools necessary to develop strong academic, social, and emotional skills, they will succeed in school and in the future.
Kindergarten Program Highlights
- Free Full-Day Program
- Special Classes offered every day including: Art, Physical Education and Music
- Before and After School care programs
- Last year, over 94.5% of our students graduated with more than $63 million dollars in scholarships.
- DVUSD received an “A” rating (the highest distinction) for Accountability and Achievement by the Department of Education for the last three years.
- 92% of DVUSD K-6/K-8 Schools are A or B-Rated Schools
- DVUSD received AdvancED district-wide accreditation by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission, the most respected accrediting organization worldwide.
- DVUSD is one of the top districts in Arizona with the highest number of dollars invested back into students’ education.
What Parents will Need to Enroll Their Student
- Original birth certificate or a certified copy
- Immunization records
- Proof of residence (utility bill, house payment receipt, rent receipt, escrow document or lease agreement)
- Form of Identification (legal guardian or custody papers if applicable).
Download the Kindergarten Registration Form to fill out before you go to save time at the school.Families that live outside the district boundaries can enroll their child in a DVUSD school by filling out an open enrollment application here.