Before and After School Care Programs
Federal Tax ID# 86-6004178
ALL Deer Valley USD schools are closed through 4/10/2020 in accordance with an order issued by Governor Ducey and Superintendent of Public Instruction Kathy Hoffman. For more information please visit DVUSD.ORG COVID-19 Updates. Adjustments will be made to your accounts after we return. Eleyo has temporarily paused automatically processing both child care auto pays and course recurring charges set to process on or after March 16th.
2020-2021 Registration has been postponed until 12:01 AM on Wednesday, April 29, 2020
This program will be offered at both The Traditional Academy at Bellair and Union Park.
Each school year requires a new registration, and enrollees are accepted on a first come, first served basis, subject to complete information and documentation.
Early registration is highly recommended.
We typically ask that people start registering early because of the high volume of registrations we receive for our various programs. We offer the incentive of a reduced registration fee in the hopes that you will submit your information early. It takes us several months to work through the large number of contracts that we receive for our programs, so we do appreciate when you submit your registration early and we thank you for your patience. Our team continues to work diligently to process them as quickly as possible.
We also encourage early registration as some sites will reach capacity and close. You may be added to a site's waiting list by completing the online registration. This registration contract will remain in a pending status and secures your space on the waiting list for the school year in which it is wait-listed. If a site re-opens, the pending registrations will be processed in accordance with the number of spots that open at that time. There is a possibility that a site may not re-open.
Please do not try to create your registration application until the new program year/season has opened. If you start an application for the old year -- prior to the new year opening -- you will not be able to change the program year on this registration once new year opens; it will automatically default back to the old year and you may lose your placement status, as all contracts are approved on a first come, first serve basis, and are date and time stamped upon submission.
- Please submit your registration early.
- Registrations received after July 15th may be subject to a delayed start date.
- Some sites reach capacity early and will close; we make every effort to re-open when appropriate staffing and space is available
- If you, or someone you know, is interested in working in a child care program, please complete an employment application here
- To secure your place on a waiting list at a closed site, you must complete an online registration (see link below under How to Register)
A new and separate registration is required for each school year.
Our programs provide a safe, on-site, enriching environment for students before and after their regularly scheduled school day by incorporating activities indoors and out, as well as homework assistance, tutoring and organized play. Before & After Care is available to students age 5-14 in grades K-8; students must attend school at the site where the program is offered. Early entry kindergarten students are eligible to attend this program once they have reached their 5th birthday.Hours
6:30 a.m. until start of school
School release until 6:00 p.m., including early release days
Monday through Friday, excluding school holidays/closuresNOTE: For safety reasons, some schools may close and lock their gates in the morning at a certain time. You may still have access to sign your child(ren) into the program, however, you will need to enter through the school office once the gate locks. Please check with your site staff for gate closure times.RegistrationDue to the high volume of registrations we receive, we strongly encourage early registration. Please do so by July 15th to ensure attendance by the beginning of the school year. Registrations received after that date may be subject to a delayed start. Some sites may reach capacity and new registrants will be placed on a waiting list.Registration for 2020-2021 opens on April 29, 2020, at 12:01 AM; registration for 2019-20 is ongoing at ELEYO. To register, first set up a family profile at ELEYO. A new registration is required each school year; if you are returning, you will use the same family profile.There is an annual per family registration fee that is collected at the time of contract approval. We encourage early registration -- and offer an incentive to do so -- to avoid delays in processing your approval and/or being put on a waiting list. Early registration helps us to plan more efficiently.
Per family registration fee
- $20 during April and May
- $30 during June
- $60 in July through the remainder of the school year
Rates Per Child
DiscountsMorning & Afternoon care (3 day per week minimum)with a consistent plan, and sessions are on the same days, i.e. Monday AM&PM, Tuesday AM&PM, etc. $14 per day
- 10% multi-child discount on additional children
- 10% DVUSD employee discount (taken on all children; multi-child will not apply)
Morning care only (3 day per week minimum, must choose days in advance. Once confirmed, changing or adding days may be subject to additional fees; credit not given for days reserved but not used.)$6 per day;$18 per week minimum Afternoon care only (3 day per week minimum, must choose days in advance. Once confirmed, changing or adding days may be subject to additional fees; credit not given for days reserved but not used.)$10.00 per day;$30 per week minimumAdditional days on any of the above plans after schedule is accepted/approved. For example, if you have 3 afternoons per week and add a morning, the rate will be $11 ($6 for morning plus $5 additional daily rate).IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are on a Pick Your Days plan and add days in a week that you do not have scheduled, you will be charged the $30 Drop In rate. The Drop IN rate is not discounted.$5.00 in addition to normal daily rate; i.e. $11 for morning, $15 for afternoon, $19 for consistent AM/PM.$30 per day on Pick Your Days plan if other days not scheduled for that week in advance Drop In care $30.00 per day
You have the following plan options to choose from when registering online:
- May not be discounted
- Consistent plan is for the same days every week for the entire school year, whether 3, 4, or 5 days per week. Mornings and afternoons must all be the same days to qualify the $14 daily AM/PM rate; if the reserved days are not the same, you will be charged the morning rate of $6 per day and the afternoon rate of $10 per day. Additional days will be at the rate of $11 for mornings, $15 for afternoons, or $19 for morning and afternoon. This plan is designed for those families with a consistent schedule that remains the same every week.
- Pick Your Days plan is for 3, 4, or 5 days per week. The days may vary, and you choose which weeks you will use for the calendar month. You may reserve for as few or as many weeks at a time as you wish, but we do ask you to choose your days for a minimum of the calendar month to avoid additional charges. Your weeks chosen do not have to be consecutive weeks. A calendar will open during registration to allow you to see the dates. You may reserve additional weeks throughout the year if you are uncertain of which weeks you need. PLEASE NOTE that on this plan, any days that are added after the invoice has been issued for the next month will be charged as additional days and/or be subject to a change fee. In addition, if days are added to a week you do not have scheduled, you will be charged the Daily Drop In rate. This plan is designed for families who have fluctuating schedules that may change from week-to-week.
- Your schedule and/or schedule changes on the Pick Your Days plan must be submitted to your account representative BEFORE the invoice date (see below)
Daily Drop In is for occasional days when you need care but you are not on a regular plan. No discounts available. Dates not chosen and approved in advance are subject to availability at the site. It is recommended that you choose your dates in advance, if possible, to ensure the dates you require. Please note, however, that dates reserved but no longer needed must be removed; once they are invoiced, they are locked in and will not be refunded.
- Employee Only-PLC 90-Minute Early Release Friday plan is only for qualified DVUSD employees. This is a separate contract from any other plans or days that may be needed. This plan does not include conference or half days, and only provides care for 90 minutes on those days designated as Professional Learning Community (PLC) days. If an employee needs care for days other than PLC Fridays, they will need to submit two (2) separate contracts. Please contact your Account Representative if you need assistance. Please only reserve those days that you require.
Invoices will be generated around the 25th of each month for a due date of the 1st of the upcoming month; this date will vary for weekends and holidays. Once invoices are generated, your dates are locked in for the month, and you will need to email your account representative (see below) to modify your schedule. Please watch for messages on your monthly invoices regarding invoice dates, especially around holidays and break times.
Invoice Dates for 2020-2021 are listed below. All changes must be requested prior to each of these dates for the upcoming month:
- July 27th
- August 25th
- September 25th
- October 26th
- November 20th (due to Fall break)
- December 16th (due to Winter break)
- January 25th
- February 25th
- March 25th
- April 26th
- All payments are due on the 1st of the month
- If the last week of the month continues into a new month, you must select your days for the entire week
- For example, September ends on Wednesday, 9/30/2020; if you need Thursday and Friday of that week (10/1 & 10/2), you must select these dates, as well
- Call your Account Representative if you have questions or need assistance; they are listed below
We ask that you carefully consider your choice of days. While you don't want to reserve days you don't need, you also want to be sure that the days you do need are reserved in advance. Unscheduled additional and/or drop ins may not be permitted, especially on early release PLC Fridays. All additional and/or drop in days must be submitted and approved by Wednesday in order to attend Friday. Requests may be denied if a site does not have sufficient staffing to meet licensing requirements; dropping in unscheduled on this day will result in your child being sent to the office for your pick up. If you know you will need care on the weekly PLC 90-minute early release days, we recommend you reserve these days in advance; at the same time, we ask that you not reserve this day if you know you will not need it.
If you are eligible to receive financial assistance from the AZ Department of Economic Security (DES), you will be responsible for the following:
- Your daily co-pay as determined by DES
- Any difference between the daily rate that is subsidized by DES and our daily rate
- Choosing only the days your child will attend camp
- if you choose days that your child does not attend, you will pay the full daily rate
- DES will not subsidize days that your child does not attend
- Submit the required documentation
Important: You are not confirmed until you receive the approval email
- The first time you register for this program, you must provide a copy of each child's current immunizations to the DVUSD Community Education Office. If it is not already on file with Community Education, you may:
- Bring or mail it to DVUSD Community Education, 7101 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Far east end of parking lot; enter main drive and continue past the school to the Community Education building at the east end
- Email it to your Account Representative (see blue box below)
- Fax it to 623-376-3918
- Please reference your child's school name when faxing or emailing so it can be quickly routed to the appropriate account representative
- All copies must be legible
- Only physician office copies are acceptable by AZ Department of Health Services (DHS); please do not ask your school nurse for a copy, as these are not approved for DHS
- NOTE that students entering kindergarten and 6th grade must provide updated immunizations
- Bring or mail it to DVUSD Community Education, 7101 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Your registration will be reviewed, and if all information and documentation is in order, it will be approved and your registration fee will be charged
- Next, your child's Emergency Information and Immunizations Record will be forwarded to your child's Lead Instructor at the Before & After site you chose where you MUST SIGN the form before your child may attend
- If you choose the Pick Your Days or Daily Drop In plan, each additional registration throughout the school year must be approved before your child may attend
- Every registration will generate two separate emails
- The first email confirms the dates you requested
- The second email approves this registration and this is required to attend. There are situations when your registration may not be approved
- Your Account Representative will contact you if there is missing or incorrect information, or if your payment does not go through. You will have 3 business days to respond and correct the situation or your contract will not be approved and will be deleted from pending status. This will require you to re-submit your contract and it will be subject to the current registration fee. Your child can not attend without an approved contract.
How to register online:
Payment OptionsYou will receive a monthly invoice which will be emailed around the 25th of each month. This date will vary due to school closure dates, such as winter or spring break when our offices are also closed, or when it falls over a weekend. Payments are due the first of each month and can be paid online at https://deervalley.ce.eleyo.com; just log into your account. All automatic payment plans will process on the first at approximately 4:00 a.m. Late payment fees will automatically be assessed during the month for any balance that is five (5) days or more past due. The amount of your monthly invoice will vary depending on how many days you reserved for the month ahead.Parent HandbookFor more detailed program information, please download the Parent Handbook containing important information regarding program procedures.
- SIGN IN at ELEYO, our registration software website
- Set up an account with Eleyo, if this is your first time using one of our programs
- Once you have an account, add "Your Family" members
- Register for the Before & After Care location of your choice (opens 4/29/2020 at 12:01 a.m.)
- Provide a current copy of each child's immunization (see above) to Community Education at 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310
- Wait for the second email confirmation that District Office staff has approved your registration and successfully processed your payment
- Sign each child's Emergency Information form at the Before & After site that your child will attend
- Your child is confirmed only after completion of the above steps
Before & After School Care Locations and Contacts
- 2020-2021 Before & After School Care Parent Handbook
- 2019-2020 Before & After School Care Parent Handbook
SCHOOL MASCOT LEAD INSTRUCTOR LEAD PHONE # ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE ACCT REP PHONE # Anthem Rockets Jessica Walsh 602-501-3319 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Arrowhead Panther's Pride Patricia Herman 623-687-6724 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Bellair Traditional Cougars Contact Account Representative Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Canyon Springs Wolves 602-501-2530 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Copper Creek Bobcat Den Seana Martinka 602-376-3994 or 602-573-9370 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Desert Mountain Blackhawks Heather Panis 623-687-1237 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Desert Sage Gecko Corral Shawn Chavez 623-445-4797 or 602-819-8409 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Diamond Canyon Coyote Corner Caryn McNally 623-445-8077 or 623-262-1015 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Greenbrier Sidewinders Paola Graciano-Gomez 623-606-8303 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Highland Lakes Bears Den Vivian Bauer 623-256-1816 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Las Brisas All Star Club Diane Bushu 623-445-5572 or 623-399-0350 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Legend Springs Leopards Kim Arlienne 602-501-2871 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Mirage Roadrunners Becki Brown 602-499-5819 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Mountain Shadows Coyote Clubhouse Sherry Thackston 623-445-4331 or 623-262-2465 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Norterra Canyon Pirate's Cove Jeri Campton-Jackson 623-271-3980 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Park Meadows Stinger’s Activity Club Debra Craig 623-445-4184 or 623-262-1406 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Paseo Hills Rattler’s Den Patti Eardley 623-445-4579 or 623-262-3632 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Sierra Verde Champions Tina White 602-501-3919 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Sonoran Foothills Bobcats Jennifer Martino 623-692-7507 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Stetson Hills Stallion's Stable Pamela Abbitt 623-445-5386 or 480-268-1020 Cindy Edwards 623-376-3977 Sunrise Lion’s Den Whitney Davis 602-467-6010 or 623-293-1341 Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 Sunset Ridge Hawks Chloe Cohen 623-687-1201 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Terramar Titans Teresa Lipson 623-262-1504 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978 Union Park Toros Contact Account Representative Beth Harvill 623-376-3976 West Wing Mustangs Linda Pepe 602-501-2073 Teri Thorley 623-376-3978Community Education is located on the east end of the parking lot of the Copper Creek Elementary School campus, 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310. We are open 12 months a year. We are closed for all school scheduled holiday closures. A summer schedule will be in effect during June and July; please call 623-376-3903 for hours.
- School days we are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- During June and July we are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Before & After School Care Programs for 2019-2020
The following sites are on a waiting list due to due high enrollment for the current school year. To be considered for placement when registration re-opens, please complete the online registration after you have read through all program information. A new registration is required every year. If you are on a waiting list for one of these site, you must submit a new application for the 2020-2021 school year if you wish to be considered.
- Canyon Springs
- Copper Creek
- Desert Sage
- Diamond Canyon
- Highland Lakes
- Las Brisas
- Legend Springs
- Norterra Canyon
- Park Meadows
- Paseo Hills
- Sierra Verde
- Sonoran Foothills
- Stetson Hills
- Sunset Ridge
- West Wing
*All sites are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment.