Before and After School Care Programs
Community Education has moved!
We are now located in the Community Education building at 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310. We are at the far east end of the Copper Creek campus; enter the main drive, continue past the school to the east parking lot.
Before & After School Care Programs
Current school year (2018-2019) registration for ALL SITES is ongoing
- For the current school year (2018-2019) some sites are at capacity, however, you may submit a registration to be placed on a waiting list. This list does not carry over to the new school year. If you are placed on a waiting list, you will not be charged any fees unless and until a space becomes available, and you confirm you wish to continue.
Register Early for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year beginning 4/1/19.
We typically ask that people start registering early because of the high volume of registrations we receive for our various programs. We offer the incentive of a reduced registration fee in the hopes that you will submit your information early. It takes us several months to work through the large number of contracts that we receive for our programs, so we do appreciate when you submit your registration early and we thank you for your patience. Our team continues to work diligently to process them as quickly as possible.
We also encourage early registration as some sites will reach capacity and close. You may be added to a site's waiting list by completing the online registration. This registration contract will remain in a pending status and secures your space on the waiting list. If a site re-opens, the pending registrations will be processed in the order they were received. There is a possibility that a site may not re-open.
Please do not try to create your registration application until the new program year/season has opened. If you start an application for the old year -- prior to the new year opening -- you will not be able to change the program year on this registration once new year opens; it will automatically default back to the old year and you may lose your placement status, as all contracts are approved on a first come, first serve basis, and are date and time stamped upon submission.
- Please submit your registration early.
- Registrations received after July 30th may be subject to a delayed start date.
- Some sites reach capacity early and will close; we make every effort to re-open when appropriate staffing and space is available
- To secure your place on a waiting list at a closed site, you must complete an online registration (see link below under How to Register)
A new and separate registration is required for each school year.
Our programs provide a safe, on-site, enriching environment for students before and after their regularly scheduled school day by incorporating activities indoors and out, as well as homework assistance, tutoring and organized play. Before & After Care is available to students age 5-14 in grades K-8; students must attend school at the site where the program is offered. Early entry kindergarten students are eligible for this program once they have reached their 5th birthday.Hours
6:30 a.m. until start of school
School release until 6:00 p.m., including early release days
Monday through Friday, excluding school holidays/closuresNOTE: For safety reasons, some schools may close and lock their gates in the morning at a certain time. You may still have access to sign your child(ren) into the program, however, you will need to enter through the school office once the gate locks. Please check with your site staff for gate closure times.RegistrationDue to the high volume of registrations we receive, we strongly encourage early registration. Please do so by July 30th to ensure attendance by the beginning of the school year. Registrations received after that date may be subject to a delayed start. Some sites may reach capacity and new registrants will be placed on a waiting list.Registration for 2018-19 is now open at ELEYO; registration for 2019-20 opens on April 1, 2019. To register, first set up a family profile at ELEYO. A new registration is required each school year; if you are returning, you will use the same family profile.There is an annual per family registration fee that is collected at the time of contract approval. We encourage early registration -- and offer an incentive to do so -- to avoid delays in processing your approval and/or being put on a waiting list. Early registration helps us to plan more efficiently.
Per family registration fee
- $20 during April
- $30 during May and June
- $60 in July through the remainder of the school year
2019-2020 Rates Per Child (Please contact our office for 2018-2019 rates, or consult the Parent Handbook)
DiscountsMorning & Afternoon care (3 day per week minimum)with a consistent plan, and sessions are on the same days, i.e. Monday AM&PM, Tuesday AM&PM, etc. $14 per day
- 10% multi-child discount on additional children
- 10% DVUSD employee discount (taken on all children; multi-child will not apply)
Morning care only (3 day per week minimum, must choose days in advance. Once confirmed, changing or adding days may be subject to additional fees; credit not given for days reserved but not used.)$6 per day;$18 per week minimum Afternoon care only (3 day per week minimum, must choose days in advance. Once confirmed, changing or adding days may be subject to additional fees; credit not given for days reserved but not used.)$10.00 per day;$30 per week minimumAdditional days on any of the above plans after schedule is accepted/approved. For example, if you have 3 afternoons per week and add a morning, the rate will be $11 ($6 for morning plus $5 additional daily rate).IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are on a Pick Your Days plan and add days in a week that you do not have scheduled, you will be charged the $30 Drop In rate. The Drop IN rate is not discounted.$5.00 in addition to normal daily rate; i.e. $11 for morning, $15 for afternoon, $19 for consistent AM/PM.$30 per day on Pick Your Days plan if other days not scheduled for that week in advance Drop In care $30.00 per day
You have the following plan options to choose from when registering online:
- May not be discounted
- Consistent plan is for the same days every week for the entire school year, whether 3, 4, or 5 days per week. Mornings and afternoons must all be the same days to qualify the $14 daily AM/PM rate; if the reserved days are not the same, you will be charged the morning rate of $6 per day and the afternoon rate of $10 per day. Additional days will be at the rate of $11 for mornings, $15 for afternoons, or $19 for morning and afternoon. This plan is designed for those families with a consistent schedule that remains the same every week.
- Pick Your Days plan is for 3, 4, or 5 days per week. The days may vary, and you choose which weeks you will use for the calendar month. You may reserve for as few or as many weeks at a time as you wish, but we do ask you to choose your days for a minimum of the calendar month to avoid additional charges. Your weeks chosen do not have to be consecutive weeks. A calendar will open during registration to allow you to see the dates. You may reserve additional weeks throughout the year if you are uncertain of which weeks you need. PLEASE NOTE that on this plan, any days that are added after the invoice has been issued for the next month will be charged as additional days and/or be subject to a change fee. In addition, if days are added to a week you do not have scheduled, you will be charged the Daily Drop In rate. This plan is designed for families who have fluctuating schedules that may change from week-to-week.
- Daily Drop In is for occasional days when you need care but you are not on a regular plan. No discounts available. Dates not chosen and approved in advance are subject to availability at the site. It is recommended that you choose your dates in advance, if possible, to ensure the dates you require. Please note, however, that dates reserved but no longer needed must be removed; once they are invoiced, they are locked in and will not be refunded.
- Employee Only-PLC 90-Minute Early Release Friday plan is only for qualified DVUSD employees. This is a separate contract from any other plans or days that may be needed. This plan does not include conference or half days, and only provides care for 90 minutes on those days designated as Professional Learning Community (PLC) days. If an employee needs care for days other than PLC Fridays, they will need to submit two (2) separate contracts. Please contact your Account Representative if you need assistance.
Invoices will be generated around the 25th of each month for a due date of the 1st of the upcoming month; this date will vary for weekends and holidays. Once invoices are generated your dates are locked in for the month, and you will need to email your account representative (see below) to modify your schedule. Please watch for messages on your monthly invoices regarding invoice dates, especially around holidays and break times.
Please note that choosing a consistent schedule, or a pick your days schedule for the entire school year, will guarantee your child’s placement in a program. While we do not anticipate this to be a problem, a school may reach capacity at various times throughout the year which may prevent some days from being available for less frequent pick your days or drop in schedules. If you know you will need care on the weekly PLC 90-minute early release days, we recommend you reserve these days in advance.
If you are eligible to receive financial assistance from the AZ Department of Economic Security (DES), you will be responsible for the following:
- Your daily co-pay as determined by DES
- Any difference between the daily rate that is subsidized by DES and our daily rate
- Choosing only the days your child will attend camp
- if you choose days that your child does not attend, you will pay the full daily rate
- DES will not subsidize days that your child does not attend
- Submit the required documentation
Important: You are not confirmed until you receive the approval email
- The first time you register for this program, you must provide a copy of each child's current immunizations to the DVUSD Community Education Office. If it is not already on file with Community Education, you may:
- Bring or mail it to DVUSD Community Education, 7101 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Far east end of parking lot; enter main drive and continue past the school to the Community Education building at the east end
- Email it to your Account Representative (see blue box below)
- Fax it to 623-376-3918
- Please reference your child's school name when faxing or emailing so it can be quickly routed to the appropriate account representative
- All copies must be legible
- Only physician office copies are acceptable by AZ Department of Health Services (DHS); please do not ask your school nurse for a copy, as these are not approved for DHS
- NOTE that students entering kindergarten and 6th grade must provide updated immunizations
- Bring or mail it to DVUSD Community Education, 7101 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310 (M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Your registration will be reviewed, and if all information and documentation is in order, it will be approved and your registration fee will be charged
- Next, your child's Emergency Information and Immunizations Record will be forwarded to your child's Lead Instructor at the Before & After site you chose where you MUST SIGN the form before your child may attend
- If you choose the Pick Your Days or Daily Drop In plan, each additional registration throughout the school year must be approved before your child may attend
- Every registration will generate two separate emails
- The first email confirms the dates you requested
- The second email approves this registration and this is required to attend. There are situations when your registration may not be approved
- Your Account Representative will contact you if there is missing or incorrect information, or if your payment does not go through. You will have 3 business days to respond and correct the situation or your contract will not be approved and will be deleted from pending status. This will require you to re-submit your contract and it will be subject to the current registration fee. Your child can not attend without an approved contract.
How to register online:
- Go online to ELEYO, our registration software website
- Set up an account with Eleyo, if this is your first time using one of our programs
- Once you have an account, add "Your Family" members
- Register for the Before & After Care location of your choice (opens 4/1/19 at 12:01 a.m.)
- Provide a current copy of each child's immunization (see above) to Community Education at 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310
- Wait for the second email confirmation that District Office staff has approved your registration and successfully processed your payment
- Sign each child's Emergency Information form at the Before & After site that your child will attend
- Your child is confirmed only after completion of the above steps
For more information, please contact you Account Representative below
Before & After Care Site
- Canyon Springs
- Diamond Canyon
- Highland Lakes
- Las Brisas
- Mountain Shadows
- Stetson Hills
- Desert Mountain
- Desert Sage
- Norterra Canyon
- Paseo Hills
- Sierra Verde
Teri Thorley623-376-3978Teri.Thorley@dvusd.orgPayment OptionsYou will receive a monthly invoice which will be emailed around the 25th of each month. This date will vary due to school closure dates, such as winter or spring break when our offices are also closed, or when it falls over a weekend. Payments are due the first of each month and can be paid online at https://deervalley.ce.eleyo.com. All automatic payment plans will process on the first at approximately 4:00 a.m. Late payment fees will automatically be assessed during the month for any balance that is five (5) days or more past due. The amount of your monthly invoice will vary depending on how many days you reserved for the month ahead.Parent HandbookFor more detailed program information, please download Before & After School Care Parent Handbook containing important information regarding program procedures. The 2018-2019 handbook is available at your program site.Before & After School Care Locations and Contacts
- Copper Creek
- Legend Springs
- Park Meadows
- Sonoran Foothills
- Sunset Ridge
- West Wing
Anthem Rockets Jessica Walsh 602-501-3319 Arrowhead Panther's Pride Patricia Herman 623-687-6724 Canyon Springs WolvesTonya Yates 602-501-2530 Copper Creek Bobcat Den Seana Martinka 602-376-3994 or 602-573-9370 Desert Mountain Blackhawks Megan Dobbins 623-687-1237 Desert Sage Gecko Corral Shawn Chavez 623-445-4797 or 602-819-8409 Diamond Canyon Coyote Corner Charvelle Gordy 623-445-8077 or 623-262-1015 Greenbrier Sidewinders Paola Graciano-Gomez 623-606-8303 Highland Lakes Bears Den Vivian Bauer 623-256-1816 Las Brisas All Star Club Diane Bushu 623-445-5572 or 623-399-0350 Legend Springs Leopards Kim Arlienne 602-501-2871 Mirage Roadrunners Becki Brown 602-499-5819 Mountain Shadows Coyote Clubhouse Sherry Thackston 623-445-4331 or 623-262-2465 Norterra Canyon Pirate's Cove Jeri Campton-Jackson 623-271-3980 Park Meadows Stinger’s Activity Club Debra Craig 623-445-4184 or 623-262-1406 Paseo Hills Rattler’s Den Patti Eardley 623-445-4579 or 623-262-3632 Sierra Verde Champions Tina White 602-501-3919 Sonoran Foothills Bobcats Jennifer Martino 623-692-7507 Stetson Hills Stallion's Stable Pamela Abbitt 623-445-5386 or 480-268-1020 Sunrise Lion’s Den Whitney Davis 602-467-6010 or 623-293-1341 Sunset Ridge Hawks To Be Announced 623-687-1201 Terramar Titans Teresa Lipson 623-262-1504 West Wing Mustangs Linda Pepe 602-501-2073Community Education is located on the east end of the parking lot of the Copper Creek Elementary School campus, 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310. We are open 12 months a year. We are closed for all school scheduled holiday closures. A summer schedule will be in effect during June and July; please call 623-376-3903 for hours.
- School days we are open from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- During June and July we are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Federal Tax ID# 86-6004178*All sites are subject to minimum and maximum enrollment.