Welcome to 8th grade mathCommunicationEmail is the quickest way to reach me: email@example.comText Blasts for 2019-2020For 8th grade math, text: @msclarkson to the number: 81010To access the math curriculum online:Illustrative Math: https://im.openupresources.org/8/students/index.htmlDream Box for additional helpStudents should be working on Dream Box per week for 60-90 minutes and should complete 7-8 lessons each week to see growthOther Website Resources for math help for both 8th grade math and Algebrawww.khanacademy.org: Search for the topic you need help with and it will give you short videos that give you example problems. You can also set up an account and take a 10-question pretest to assess your level. It will build you lessons on what you need work on. Includes math from basic counting kindergarten work up through calculus.My class code for 2019-2020 year is: FN8YH9H7www.learnzillion.com: Search for the topic and click "video lessons" and you can watch short videos that give you example problems and show the work on how to do the problem.www.ixl.com: practice questions from kinder through precalculusMath SyllabusTest Retakes
- Only allowed on chapter tests, not on quizzes
- If a student earns less than 70% on a chapter test, they may retake a new test over the material (one retake per test)
- First, student will need to show Ms Clarkson all the COMPLETED (with all work showing) classwork, homework, bell work, and exit tickets from the chapter.
- After showing your completed work to Ms Clarkson, she will give you a form that you need to get signed by your parents explaining what you are going to do to prepare for the retake.
- If the student needs additional tutoring, they can come in Tuesday mornings from 8:00-8:30am or Wednesdays afternoons from 3:30-4:00pm for help.
- Finally, the student will choose a date to come in for the retake. This can be before school, during lunch, or after school.
- The retake has to be completed by the end of the quarter.
- The higher of the two tests will be the grade that is entered into the gradebook
- Test Retake Form PDF
Tuesday mornings from 8:00-8:30am and Wednesdays after school from 3:30-4:00pm. Students need to bring work they need help on during tutoring time or questions they need additional help with.Class notesLesson Plans & Homework for the Week of: September 16(subject to change)MONDAY:8th grade math: Quiz over 2.1 & 2.2Homework: start working on your chapter 2 study guide (due next Monday)TUESDAY:8th grade math: Lesson 2.3 Solve multi-step equationsHomework: page 7 in the homework packet & work on the study guide (due Monday)WEDNESDAY:8th grade math: finish lesson 2.3Homework: page 8 in the homework packet & work on the study guide (due Monday)THURSDAY:8th grade math: Lesson 2.4 Solve inequalitiesHomework: page 9 in the homework packet & work on the study guide (due Monday)