- Sunrise Elementary
Return to Headlines
DVUSD Return to School Safely
DVUSD Return to School Safely
- Screen your child for signs of illness prior to sending them to school. If your child shows signs of illness you are required to keep them home. If your child has a fever do not send them to school until they are fever free for three days
- Make sure your child brings their own labeled water bottle to school (the use of drinking out of water fountains are highly discouraged) Bottle refill stations or water fountains may be used to refill your child’s water bottle container.
- Face coverings must be worn on campus. It is mandatory that your child wear a face covering at arrival.
- We are encouraging every parent to have their child bring hand sanitizer and to have a discussion with their child about the importance of personal hygiene. This includes using their elbow to sneeze or cough into, washing hands prior to eating, washing hands after using the restroom, etc
- Transportation requires a maximum of two students per seat with siblings required to be seated together. All students, bus drivers and monitors will be required to wear a face covering. Increased disinfection procedures will occur on a daily basis. Drivers will call school in advance if transporting a student with symptoms.
- Throughout the day your child will be visually screened by a staff member to ensure they are not exhibiting signs of illness.
- Please do not drop your child off until the designated arrival time. Students should not be dropped off early and will not be allowed to wait for the gate to open. Students will be required to go straight to class and will not be allowed to congregate in common areas prior to this time. Gates will NOT be opened until 15 minutes prior to the start of the school day. For your student’s safety and the safety of the staff please make sure that this procedure is followed.
- There will be no visitors or volunteers allowed on campus until further notice.
- The front office will be limiting the amount of people allowed to enter the building. Please make appointments prior to coming to the front office. You may enter the front office for emergencies or for early student pick-up.
- Students will continue to receive meals through Nutrition Services for free through December 31st, or they may bring meals from home. Students will eat in their cafeteria, patio, or classrooms, physically distanced and facing one way. We will follow the CDC's "No Sharing" guidelines with all food and drinks.
- At elementary recess and lunch, classrooms and or grade levels will stay together (cohorting is required). At recess, students will be allowed to use any stationary playground equipment such as swings, slides, and climbing equipment. Students are allowed to bring personal equipment such as jump ropes from home.
- Dismissal may be staggered to allow for social distancing. Your school will communicate dismissal procedures prior to the first day of in-person learning.